Are you ready for an adventure? Do you love solving riddles and exploring nature? Do you want to win $25,000? If you answered yes to any of these questions, then you might want to join the Utah Treasure Hunt 2023, a free and fun challenge organized by David Cline and John Maxim.
The Utah Treasure Hunt 2023 is a scavenger hunt that involves finding a hidden chest with $25,000 somewhere in Utah. The only clues to the location of the chest are hidden in a poem that was posted online on June 1, 2023. The first person or group to correctly decipher the poem and find the chest will win the prize.
In this blog post, we will provide you with the poem, the clues, the hints, and the updated boundary map for the Utah Treasure Hunt 2023. We will also answer some frequently asked questions and give you some tips and tricks to help you in your quest.
The poem for the Utah Treasure Hunt 2023 is the following:
Begin your search where time was transcendent Crack open the books they’re interdependent Lift up your eyes and look for the mark Hike to the tree that stands without bark Pass the grain tower that looks out to the west Not more than an hour you’ll know by its crest Look down at your map to not wander with thirst Remember two less than on top of the first You’ll know you’re close where it’s time to frown What points towards heaven but is upside down? Get off the road at the airplane without wings Search for the shoulder and fortune it will bring
The poem contains 12 lines, each with a clue or a hint to the location of the chest. You will need to think creatively and do some research to figure out what each line means. Some lines are more straightforward than others, while some require more interpretation and imagination.
The clues for the Utah Treasure Hunt 2023 are revealed weekly by David and John on their social media accounts. They are designed to help you solve the poem and narrow down your search area. Here are the clues that have been released so far:
- The boundary map for the 2023 treasure hunt is pictured below. It covers the Salt Lake City area stretching to Provo.
- In line 7 when it says to look down at your map to not wander with thirst, this line is stating if you haven’t solved the poem up to this point, you are going to wander aimlessly because everything before this rhyme could be figured out without leaving your home.
- Two less than on top of the first… There is a literal physical thing on top of the first. You need to figure out what it is and then do some math. Nothing crazy. Just some elementary school math.
- On the 6th line of the poem, the word HOUR has multiple meanings. One of which is the chest is hidden approximately 60 feet off the path. We paced it so it’s not scientific. Plus or minus a few feet.
- There is one more direct quote from another movie somewhere in the poem. Figuring it out isn’t required to solve the poem but it could help a little if and when the time comes.
- You may know research is required, but where best to begin? The hint is to brush up on your Utah history.
- In line 2 when it says crack open THE books they’re interdependent, we are referring to specific books that have something in common.
The hints for the Utah Treasure Hunt 2023 are shared by David and John on their Instagram stories or live videos. They are more subtle and vague than the clues, but they can still give you some direction or inspiration. Here are some of the hints that have been shared so far:
- The chest is not buried underground, but it is well hidden from plain sight.
- The chest is not in a dangerous or illegal place, but you may need to go off-trail or cross private property (with permission) to reach it.
- The chest is not in a city or a town, but it is near civilization and accessible by car.
- The chest is not near water or in a cave, but it is in a natural setting with trees and rocks.
- The chest is not in a national park or a state park, but it is in a public land.
- The chest is not near any historical landmarks or monuments, but it is related to Utah history and culture.
The Boundary Map
The boundary map for the Utah Treasure Hunt 2023 shows the general area where the chest is hidden. It does not show any specific landmarks or features, but it can help you eliminate some places that are outside of the boundary. The boundary map is updated every week to reflect the clues and hints that have been released. Here is the latest boundary map as of July 9, 2023:
The Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some frequently asked questions about the Utah Treasure Hunt 2023 and their answers:
What is the Utah Treasure Hunt 2023?
The Utah Treasure Hunt 2023 is a free and fun challenge organized by David Cline and John Maxim, where you have to find a hidden chest with $25,000 somewhere in Utah using only a poem as a guide.
When did the Utah Treasure Hunt 2023 start and end?
The Utah Treasure Hunt 2023 started on June 1, 2023, when the poem was posted online. It will end when someone finds the chest and claims the prize, or when David and John decide to end it.
Who can participate in the Utah Treasure Hunt 2023?
Anyone can participate in the Utah Treasure Hunt 2023, as long as they follow the rules and respect the environment and other people. You can participate alone or with a team, but you have to split the prize if you win.
How do I participate in the Utah Treasure Hunt 2023?
To participate in the Utah Treasure Hunt 2023, you have to download or print the poem, follow the clues and hints that are released weekly, do some research and brainstorming, and go out and search for the chest. You also have to follow David and John on their social media accounts to get the latest updates and information.
How do I claim the prize if I find the chest?
If you find the chest, you have to open it and take out a token that has a phone number on it. You have to call that number and follow the instructions to verify your identity and location. You also have to take a picture or a video of yourself with the chest and post it on social media with the hashtag #UtahTreasureHunt. David and John will then contact you and arrange for you to receive the prize.
What are the rules of the Utah Treasure Hunt 2023?
The rules of the Utah Treasure Hunt 2023 are:
- Do not dig, damage, or destroy anything in your search.
- Do not trespass, litter, or disturb wildlife or other people in your search.
- Do not share or sell any information about the location of the chest.
- Do not cheat, lie, or steal in your search.
- Do not harass, threaten, or harm David, John, or anyone else involved in the hunt.
- Have fun, be safe, and be respectful in your search.
What are some tips and tricks for the Utah Treasure Hunt 2023?
Some tips and tricks for the Utah Treasure Hunt 2023 are:
- Read the poem carefully and repeatedly. Look for hidden meanings, wordplay, references, or clues in each line.
- Research about Utah history, culture, geography, landmarks, movies, books, or anything else that may be related to the poem.
- Use maps, books, websites, apps, or other tools to help you find places or features that match the poem.
- Follow David and John on their social media accounts to get clues and hints every week. Watch their stories or live videos for more insights or explanations.
- Join online forums or groups where other treasure hunters share their ideas or theories. You may get some inspiration or feedback from them.
- Be creative and adventurous. Try different approaches or perspectives. Don’t be afraid to explore new places or possibilities.
- Have fun and enjoy the hunt. Don’t get frustrated or obsessed. Remember that it’s a game and a challenge.