If you work with Adobe InDesign, chances are you’ve had to save your work as a PDF at some point. Maybe you’re sending it to a client or collaborator who doesn’t have InDesign, or maybe you just need to create a PDF for print. Either way, it’s easy to save your InDesign file as a PDF.
Here’s how: First, open the InDesign file that you want to save as a PDF. Then go to File > Export and select Adobe PDF (Print) from the drop-down menu.
You’ll see the Export Settings dialog box appear.
- Launch InDesign and open the document you want to save as a PDF
- Go to File > Export
- In the Export window that appears, choose Adobe PDF (Print) from the Format drop-down menu
- Click Export to open the Adobe PDF Options dialog box
- Choose the appropriate settings in each tab of the dialog box and click OK when you’re done
- In the Save As dialog box that appears, specify a name and location for your PDF and click Save
How to Save Indesign As Pdf on Mac
If you’re a Mac user, there are a few different ways to save your InDesign file as a PDF. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to do it: 1. Open the InDesign file that you want to convert to a PDF.
2. Go to File > Export. 3. In the Format dropdown menu, select Adobe PDF (Print). 4. Click Save.
5. In the Export Adobe PDF dialog box that appears, make sure that the settings are correct for your document and click Export. And that’s it! Your InDesign document is now saved as a PDF on your Mac.
Why Can’T I Save My Indesign File As a Pdf?
If you’re having trouble saving your InDesign file as a PDF, there are a few things you can check to troubleshoot the issue. First, make sure that you have the most recent version of InDesign installed. Adobe regularly releases updates for its Creative Cloud products, so it’s possible that a new update may have addressed the issue you’re experiencing.
Next, take a look at your file’s settings. In particular, check the “Compatibility” setting under “File > Properties.” This should be set to Acrobat 6 (PDF 1.5) or later.
If it’s set to an earlier compatibility setting, try changing it and then saving your file as a PDF again. Finally, if you’re still having trouble saving your InDesign file as a PDF, contact Adobe customer support for help.
How Do I Save a High Quality Pdf from Indesign?
When you’re ready to export your InDesign document as a PDF, go to File > Export. In the Export dialog box, choose Adobe PDF (Print) from the Format drop-down menu. Click Save.
In the Save As PDF dialog box that opens, make sure that High Quality Print is selected in the preset options on the left side of the dialog box. Now click Export to save your document as a high quality PDF file.
How to export InDesign files as PDFs
If you’re working on a design in Indesign and need to save it as a PDF, there are just a few steps you need to follow. First, open the file you want to convert and select File > Export. In the window that opens up, choose Adobe PDF (Print) from the Format drop-down menu and click Save.
A new window will appear with different options for how you want your PDF to look – make any changes you need and then click Export again. That’s it! Your Indesign file is now saved as a PDF.